Monday, June 15, 2009

There and back again

After a good 4 day hiatus of not riding on the divide trail, I'm going back on it today for the last 500 or so miles.

Riding off the trail and on paved roads was a welcome change. It was a lot easier for sure, and because paved roads usually lead to somewhere, I passed through towns a lot more often. I do feel bad that I missed some of the sights on the trail such as Togotowee pass and the Legendary Fleecer pass which has an elevation change of about 2000ft in less than 5 miles. Rest assured though, there was much climbing the way I went, and there still is much climbing left to do before this ride is over. I aslo did get to see yellowstone, soak in some hot springs and see the headwaters of the missouri river on my detour; and last but not least, I also have a riding buddy now! So yesterday I was busy showing him the ropes on how to go riding the divide...I think he's learning well because he too is buying pop tarts now.

Furthermore in the next few days, I'll be running into riders biking the great divide race. These guys are insane! They go from Canada to Mexico following the trail in 15 days! Basically, what it takes me 3 days to do, they do it in one. So hopefully I'll run into some and see what they're all about.

Less than 2 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment